วันจันทร์ที่ 24 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2569

Song: One Hundred and Eight Feelings Inspired by The Vedanā Saṃyutta The Aṭṭhasatapariyāya Vagga

Song:  One Hundred and Eight Feelings  Inspired by The Vedanā Saṃyutta The Aṭṭhasatapariyāya Vagga

[Verse 1]
Pleasure comes, and I can see,
Pain arises, I let it be.
Neither joy nor sorrow stays,
Every feeling changes with the days.

[Verse 2]
Three kinds of feeling, three paths to know,
Eighteen unfold as we learn to grow.
Thirty-six reveal the mind within,
Past, future, present — one hundred and eight begin.

[Pre-Chorus]
I will not run, I will not cling,
I will simply know each passing thing.
When joy arrives, I know it is joy,
When pain arrives, I make no choice.

[Chorus]
One hundred and eight feelings arise,
One hundred and eight beneath changing skies.
I will know them, I will let them go,
I will watch the river of feeling flow.

Pleasure and pain may come and depart,
Wisdom brings stillness to the heart.
When I release what I cannot hold,
The path to peace begins to unfold.

[Verse 3]
The body changes for many reasons,
The mind remembers forgotten seasons.
Conditions shape what we feel today,
And past actions may have their way.

[Bridge]
The past has gone, the future is unknown,
This present moment is all I own.
Whatever feeling comes to me,
I meet it with awareness and see.

No need to grasp, no need to fight,
No need to turn the darkness into night.
Just know the feeling, watch it pass,
And let the heart become clear as glass.

[Final Chorus]
One hundred and eight feelings arise,
One hundred and eight beneath changing skies.
I will know them, I will let them go,
I will watch the river of feeling flow.

When attachment fades away,
The mind becomes peaceful day by day.
Through mindfulness and wisdom bright,
The heart discovers inner light.

[Outro]
Know the feeling...
Let it go...
Know the arising...
Know the passing...
And walk in peace.

The Aṭṭhasatapariyāya Vagga: Understanding the 108 Forms of Feeling and the Path Beyond Suffering

BANGKOK — The teachings of the Aṭṭhasatapariyāya Vagga, found in the Vedanā Saṃyutta of the Saḷāyatana Vagga, Tipiṭaka Volume 18, Sutta Piṭaka Volume 10, present a detailed examination of vedanā, or feeling, and its many dimensions. The central teaching explains how feelings can be analyzed in different ways, ultimately reaching a total of 108 forms of feeling.

The name Aṭṭhasatapariyāya Vagga refers to a section dealing with a “description in 108 ways.” It contains several discourses, with the Aṭṭhasata Sutta presenting a systematic explanation of the 108 classifications of feeling.

The teaching begins with three kinds of feeling: pleasant feeling, painful feeling, and neither-pleasant-nor-painful feeling. The Buddha then presents additional classifications, allowing practitioners to understand feelings from increasingly detailed perspectives.

The teaching proceeds to 18 kinds of feeling and then to 36 kinds of feeling. The 36 are distinguished between feelings dependent on ordinary worldly life and feelings associated with renunciation, including forms of gladness, sadness, and equanimity.

The 36 feelings are then considered in relation to the past, the future, and the present. Thirty-six feelings in each temporal dimension produce the total of 108 kinds of feeling.

The significance of this teaching is not merely numerical. The detailed classification encourages practitioners to recognize that feelings arise through different conditions and can be understood without immediately becoming attached to them.

The first discourse of the section, the Sīvaka Sutta, also addresses the question of whether feelings arise from a single cause. The Buddha explains that physical and mental experiences can arise from various conditions, including bodily changes, seasonal conditions, improper care of the body, injury, and past kamma.

Applied to contemporary life, this teaching offers a practical approach to emotional awareness. Happiness, sadness, pleasure, dissatisfaction, and neutral feelings are experiences to be known clearly rather than blindly grasped.

When pleasure arises, one can recognize pleasure. When pain arises, one can recognize pain. When neither pleasure nor pain arises, one can recognize that state as well. Such awareness creates space between experience and attachment.

The Aṭṭhasatapariyāya Vagga therefore offers an important lesson: understanding feelings in detail is a way of understanding the mind itself. When feelings are observed with mindfulness and wisdom rather than attachment, the mind gradually becomes less dominated by them.

To understand feeling is to understand the changing nature of experience; to understand experience is to develop wisdom; and through wisdom, the mind moves toward freedom and peace.

[คำแนะนำเพิ่มเติมเกี่ยวกับการใช้งาน: ตามข้อจำกัดของระบบ AI ในปัจจุบัน การสร้างภาพที่มีตัวอักษรภาษาไทยอาจจะยังมีความคลาดเคลื่อนของตัวสะกดหรือรูปสระอยู่บ้าง หวังเป็นพื้นฐานของการศึกษาและจะพัฒนาให้สมบูรณ์ต่อไป]

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น

Song: the Strength Within Inspired by the Mātugāma Saṃyutta the Mātugāma Bala Vagga

Song:  the Strength Within Inspired by the Mātugāma Saṃyutta the Mātugāma Bala Vagga  [Verse 1] Beauty is a power we can see, Wealth can giv...