[Verse 1]
I walked beneath the lights of fame,
I heard the crowd, I knew their name.
The laughter rose, the music played,
Yet something in my heart still strayed.
I chased the joy that quickly flies,
I followed dreams beneath bright skies.
But every pleasure came and went,
And left my restless heart unspent.
[Pre-Chorus]
Then wisdom whispered through the night,
“Look beyond the fading light.
What rises must one day fall,
What you cling to cannot last at all.”
[Chorus]
I’m walking beyond the applause,
Beyond the pleasure and the cause.
No fame can hold me, no desire,
I seek the truth beyond the fire.
Let go, let wisdom guide the way,
Let mindfulness illumine every day.
The world may call, but I will see—
True freedom starts when I let go of me.
[Verse 2]
The stage was bright, the night was long,
I thought the crowd could make me strong.
But praise could never calm the mind,
And worldly pleasure left me blind.
I turned within and faced the truth,
The restless hunger of my youth.
The things I loved were passing streams,
The world was woven out of dreams.
[Pre-Chorus]
Then wisdom opened up my eyes,
I saw the truth beneath disguise.
Nothing stays, and nothing owns,
The heart is free when grasping goes.
[Chorus]
I’m walking beyond the applause,
Beyond the pleasure and the cause.
No fame can hold me, no desire,
I seek the truth beyond the fire.
Let go, let wisdom guide the way,
Let mindfulness illumine every day.
The world may call, but I will see—
True freedom starts when I let go of me.
[Bridge]
Not every light can show the way,
Not every smile can make us stay.
The greatest victory is not the crown,
But laying every burden down.
No more chasing what cannot remain,
No more feeding the wheel of pain.
With wisdom as my guiding star,
I find the peace that is not far.
[Final Chorus]
I’m walking beyond the applause,
Beyond attachment, beyond the cause.
No fame can bind me, no desire,
My heart is free from worldly fire.
With mindful steps, I walk the way,
With wisdom growing day by day.
The world may call, but now I see—
True freedom lives in letting be.
[Outro]
Beyond the applause, beyond the night,
Beyond the fading worldly light,
The quiet heart begins to know:
Release is where true freedom grows.
Wisdom in the Talaputa Thera Verses: From Worldly Fame to Liberation
The Talaputa Thera Verses, preserved in the Theragāthā of the Khuddaka Nikāya, Tipiṭaka Volume 26, belong to the Paññāsanipāta, the section of verses associated with fifty units. The verses offer a profound reflection on the transformation of a human life—from attachment to worldly entertainment and recognition toward wisdom, renunciation, and liberation.
At the heart of the teaching is the realization that fame, pleasure, wealth, applause, and worldly attraction cannot provide lasting security. Such experiences may bring temporary happiness, but they remain impermanent and cannot free a person from aging, illness, death, and the cycle of suffering.
The story reflected through the verses presents an important spiritual transformation. Experiences once associated with worldly success become objects of contemplation. Instead of continuing to pursue external pleasure, the practitioner turns inward and examines the true nature of existence.
The central lesson is wisdom through seeing reality clearly. When a person understands the impermanent nature of sensual pleasures and recognizes the dangers of attachment, the mind gradually becomes less dependent on external stimulation and social approval.
The teaching is especially relevant in the modern digital age. Contemporary society often encourages people to seek followers, popularity, recognition, entertainment, and constant approval through social media. Talaputa Thera's insight can therefore be understood as a reminder that external attention is not the same as inner freedom.
The verses also demonstrate the importance of transforming one's past into wisdom. Previous experiences do not have to become permanent chains. When examined with mindfulness and understanding, even a life once centered on worldly pleasure can become the foundation for profound spiritual awakening.
The teaching does not simply ask people to reject every form of happiness. Rather, it encourages mindfulness and wisdom in relation to pleasure—knowing what is temporary, what produces attachment, and what genuinely contributes to inner development.
The deeper message is that liberation begins when a person sees clearly. Seeing impermanence weakens attachment. Understanding suffering encourages perseverance. Recognizing the limitations of worldly satisfaction opens the way toward peace.
The Talaputa Thera Verses therefore remain relevant beyond their historical setting. They tell a universal story: a person may become famous in the eyes of the world, but true freedom comes from knowing the mind, overcoming attachment, and cultivating wisdom.
In an age of digital fame and endless entertainment, this ancient teaching offers a timeless question:
Are we living for the applause of the world, or are we learning how to become free within ourselves?
[คำแนะนำเพิ่มเติมเกี่ยวกับการใช้งาน: ตามข้อจำกัดของระบบ AI ในปัจจุบัน การสร้างภาพที่มีตัวอักษรภาษาไทยอาจจะยังมีความคลาดเคลื่อนของตัวสะกดหรือรูปสระอยู่บ้าง หวังเป็นพื้นฐานของการศึกษาและจะพัฒนาให้สมบูรณ์ต่อไป]
ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:
แสดงความคิดเห็น