Song: Refuge in the Three Jewels Inspired by the Khuddaka Nikāya, Khuddakapāṭha, Saranagamana[Verse 1]
When the road of life grows weary,
When the night surrounds the heart,
May the Dhamma be our light,
May its wisdom guide each step.
The Buddha, awakened Teacher,
Shows the way with wisdom bright,
Let us leave behind delusion,
Walk with mindfulness and light.
[Chorus]
Buddhaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi,
To the Buddha I go for refuge.
Dhammaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi,
To the Dhamma I go for refuge.
Saṅghaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi,
To the Saṅgha I go for refuge.
Three times we make the vow,
Three Jewels guide us now.
[Verse 2]
Dhamma is the light of truth,
Showing causes, showing ways,
Teaching hearts to see more clearly,
Turning wisdom into deeds.
Saṅgha walks the path together,
Learning, practicing the way,
Keeping wisdom bright for others,
Passing Dhamma through the days.
[Chorus]
Buddhaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi,
To the Buddha I go for refuge.
Dhammaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi,
To the Dhamma I go for refuge.
Saṅghaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi,
To the Saṅgha I go for refuge.
Three times we make the vow,
Three Jewels guide us now.
[Bridge]
When the world is filled with anger,
When confusion fills the mind,
May we pause and look with wisdom,
May compassion lead our way.
[Final Chorus]
Buddhaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi,
May awakening light the way.
Dhammaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi,
May the truth within us stay.
Saṅghaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi,
May we walk as one in peace.
Three Refuges, one mindful journey,
May our hearts find lasting peace.
Saranagamana: Taking Refuge in the Three Jewels — A Path of Faith, Wisdom, and Mindful Living
When the night surrounds the heart,
May the Dhamma be our light,
May its wisdom guide each step.
Shows the way with wisdom bright,
Let us leave behind delusion,
Walk with mindfulness and light.
Buddhaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi,
To the Buddha I go for refuge.
Dhammaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi,
To the Dhamma I go for refuge.
Saṅghaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi,
To the Saṅgha I go for refuge.
Three times we make the vow,
Three Jewels guide us now.
Dhamma is the light of truth,
Showing causes, showing ways,
Teaching hearts to see more clearly,
Turning wisdom into deeds.
Learning, practicing the way,
Keeping wisdom bright for others,
Passing Dhamma through the days.
Buddhaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi,
To the Buddha I go for refuge.
Dhammaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi,
To the Dhamma I go for refuge.
Saṅghaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi,
To the Saṅgha I go for refuge.
Three times we make the vow,
Three Jewels guide us now.
When the world is filled with anger,
When confusion fills the mind,
May we pause and look with wisdom,
May compassion lead our way.
Buddhaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi,
May awakening light the way.
Dhammaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi,
May the truth within us stay.
Saṅghaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi,
May we walk as one in peace.
Three Refuges, one mindful journey,
May our hearts find lasting peace.
Saranagamana, or “Going for Refuge,” is the opening teaching of the Khuddakapāṭha, in the Khuddaka Nikāya, Sutta Piṭaka. It presents the traditional declaration of taking refuge in the Three Jewels: the Buddha, the Dhamma, and the Saṅgha. The formula is recited three times, beginning with “Buddhaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi,” followed by the declarations of refuge in the Dhamma and the Saṅgha.
The essential meaning of Saranagamana is not merely the repetition of a religious formula. It expresses a conscious orientation of life toward the Three Jewels: taking the Buddha as a teacher and example, the Dhamma as a guide to truth and practice, and the Saṅgha as a community of practitioners and preservers of the teaching.
The Buddha, the Dhamma, and the Saṅgha
The Buddha represents awakening, wisdom, and the example of a teacher who discovered and taught the path beyond suffering.
The Dhamma represents truth, understanding, and practice. It encourages not only faith but also careful reflection, understanding of causes and conditions, and cultivation of wholesome conduct.
The Saṅgha represents the community of practitioners who learn, practice, preserve, and transmit the Dhamma.
The repetition of the refuge formula three times emphasizes a continuing commitment rather than a single moment of declaration. In Theravāda Buddhist traditions, the Three Refuges are widely used in religious practice and ceremonies.
Saranagamana in the Modern World
In a contemporary context, Saranagamana can be understood as a framework for living with mindfulness, faith, and wisdom. When facing uncertainty or difficult decisions, a person needs principles that prevent fear, anger, or confusion from becoming the sole determinants of action.
Thus, taking refuge does not mean abandoning independent thought. Rather, it means establishing a sound foundation from which one can think, act, and live with greater clarity and direction.
[คำแนะนำเพิ่มเติมเกี่ยวกับการใช้งาน: ตามข้อจำกัดของระบบ AI ในปัจจุบัน การสร้างภาพที่มีตัวอักษรภาษาไทยอาจจะยังมีความคลาดเคลื่อนของตัวสะกดหรือรูปสระอยู่บ้าง หวังเป็นพื้นฐานของการศึกษาและจะพัฒนาให้สมบูรณ์ต่อไป]
ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:
แสดงความคิดเห็น