วันเสาร์ที่ 26 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2569

Song: Beyond Anger, Beyond Blame Inspired by the Khuddaka Nikāya, Dhammapada, Kodhavagga


[Verse 1]

When anger rises like a flame, And restless thoughts call out my name, I'll breathe and let the storm pass by, With wisdom shining in my eye.

I will not let my heart be chained, By hurtful words or pride or pain, Like a charioteer who knows the way, I'll guide my thoughts throughout the day.

[Pre-Chorus]

I will pause before I speak, Find the strength when I feel weak, Let compassion lead me through, And let my heart be kind and true.

[Chorus]

Beyond anger, beyond blame, I will not return the flame. Goodness is the path I choose, Truth and love are what I'll use.

When the world may praise or shame, I will stand without a claim. With a peaceful heart and mind, A better way of life I'll find.

[Verse 2]

When someone speaks a word unkind, I'll seek the truth and guard my mind. I will not answer hate with hate, Nor let resentment rule my fate.

With open hands, I'll learn to share, Give what I can with love and care. A little kindness, freely given, Can bring a light that feels like heaven.

[Bridge]

Let my body do no harm, Let my words bring peace and calm. Let my mind be clear and bright, Guided by the truth of right.

Praise may come and blame may stay, Both will slowly pass away. I will walk the path of peace, And let the chains of anger cease.

[Final Chorus]

Beyond anger, beyond blame, I will not return the flame. Goodness is the path I choose, Truth and love are what I'll use.

With a peaceful heart and mind, May compassion lead mankind. Body, speech, and mind made true, Peace begins in me and you. 

The Dhammapada: The Chapter on Anger (Kodhavagga)

Overcome Anger with Non-Anger, Evil with Goodness, and Greed with Generosity

The Chapter on Anger in the Dhammapada teaches the importance of abandoning anger, overcoming pride, and freeing oneself from the bonds of defilements. It emphasizes self-control, compassion, generosity, truthfulness, and the purification of body, speech, and mind.

These teachings provide practical guidance for living peacefully, responding wisely to conflict, and maintaining inner stability in the face of criticism and praise.

Let Go of Anger and Pride

One should abandon anger and pride and overcome all fetters. Suffering does not follow the person who is free from attachment to name and form and is no longer troubled by defilements.

The Buddha compares a person who restrains arising anger to a skilled charioteer who controls a moving chariot.

One who can restrain anger possesses true self-mastery. Such a person does not allow emotions to control actions but responds with mindfulness and wisdom.

Overcome Evil with Goodness

The Dhammapada teaches four important principles:

  • Conquer anger through non-anger.

  • Conquer evil through goodness.

  • Conquer miserliness through generosity.

  • Conquer falsehood through truth.

These teachings encourage people to respond to harmful actions with wisdom rather than retaliation.

Even when one has little, one should give when asked, according to one's ability. Generosity helps overcome selfishness and cultivates a compassionate heart.

Praise and Blame Are Part of the World

The Buddha explains that praise and blame have existed since ancient times.

People may criticize those who remain silent, those who speak much, and those who speak in moderation. No one in the world is entirely free from criticism.

Therefore, one should not allow praise or blame to determine one's values or conduct.

A person who lives consistently according to virtue and wisdom deserves respect from those who examine that person's conduct carefully.

Purify Body, Speech, and Mind

The Dhammapada emphasizes three forms of wholesome conduct:

Purity of body: Refrain from harmful actions and avoid causing suffering to others.

Purity of speech: Speak truthfully, avoid falsehood, and use words that do not create unnecessary harm.

Purity of mind: Restrain unwholesome thoughts, understand one's emotions, and cultivate wholesome states of mind.

The wise person who practices restraint in body, speech, and mind is well disciplined.

Applying the Teachings in Daily Life

The Chapter on Anger can be applied to family life, work, and social relationships.

Pausing before responding, speaking respectfully, accepting the truth, and helping others according to one's ability can reduce conflict and strengthen mutual trust.

Conclusion: The Chapter on Anger teaches that true victory begins with mastering oneself. By overcoming anger with non-anger, evil with goodness, miserliness with generosity, and falsehood with truth, one develops a peaceful mind and contributes to a more harmonious society.

[คำแนะนำเพิ่มเติมเกี่ยวกับการใช้งาน: ตามข้อจำกัดของระบบ AI ในปัจจุบัน การสร้างภาพที่มีตัวอักษรภาษาไทยอาจจะยังมีความคลาดเคลื่อนของตัวสะกดหรือรูปสระอยู่บ้าง หวังเป็นพื้นฐานของการศึกษาและจะพัฒนาให้สมบูรณ์ต่อไป]

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น

เพลง: ชนะใจ ไม่ชนะใคร หลักธรรมจากขุททกนิกาย ธรรมบท โกธวรรค

  เพลง: ชนะใจ ไม่ชนะใคร หลักธรรมจากขุททกนิกาย ธรรมบท โกธวรรค [ท่อนที่ 1] เมื่อความโกรธลุกโชนอยู่ในใจ หยุดสักนิด หายใจให้ช้าลง อย่าปล่อยใจให้...