[Verse 1]
Guard my eyes and guard my ears, Let me see beyond my fears. Guard my words and guard my mind, Leave the restless thoughts behind.
Every step and every breath, Choose the path that leads from stress. With a heart that's calm and clear, Let the light of truth appear.
[Pre-Chorus]
I don't need what others own, Peace begins within my soul. With a heart that's free from greed, I can find the life I need.
[Chorus]
Like the moon beyond the clouds, Let my wisdom shine out loud. Calm my heart and guide my way, Let compassion lead each day.
Through the silence, through the night, May my mind awaken light. When I learn to guard my soul, Peace will make my spirit whole.
[Verse 2]
Like a flower shedding dry leaves, Let go of the pain I keep. Let resentment fade away, Let forgiveness light the way.
Every moment comes and goes, Like the river as it flows. When I see the truth unfold, I release the things I hold.
[Pre-Chorus]
I don't need what others own, Peace begins within my soul. With a heart that's free from greed, I can find the life I need.
[Chorus]
Like the moon beyond the clouds, Let my wisdom shine out loud. Calm my heart and guide my way, Let compassion lead each day.
Through the silence, through the night, May my mind awaken light. When I learn to guard my soul, Peace will make my spirit whole.
[Bridge]
Find good friends along the way, Let good actions guide the day. Train the mind and speak what's true, Let the Dhamma carry through.
Wisdom grows when hearts are still, Peace is found through mindful will. Every breath, a chance to start, With a gentle, open heart.
[Final Chorus]
Like the moon beyond the clouds, Let my wisdom shine out loud. Calm my heart and guide my way, Let compassion lead each day.
Through the silence, through the night, May my mind awaken light. When I learn to guard my soul, Peace will make my spirit whole.
[Outro]
Calm in body, calm in speech, Wisdom is the path I seek. Like the moon that shines above, May I live with peace and love.
The Bhikkhu Vagga: The Path to Peace Through Mindfulness and Wisdom
Self-Restraint Is the Foundation of a Peaceful Life
The teachings of the Bhikkhu Vagga, or Chapter on the Monk, in the Dhammapada, Book 25 of the Sutta Piṭaka, Khuddaka Nikāya, present a path of self-training for those seeking freedom from suffering.
The chapter emphasizes restraint of the senses, contentment, mindfulness, and wisdom in understanding the truth of life.
These teachings are not limited to Buddhist monks. They also offer guidance for anyone who wishes to develop mental stability, reduce distraction, and live with greater virtue.
The Dhammapada teaches that restraint of the eye, ear, nose, tongue, body, speech, and mind is beneficial. A person who guards all these faculties can move toward freedom from suffering.
This teaching shows that self-discipline begins with awareness of what enters the mind. We should not allow temporary likes, dislikes, or emotions to control our actions and words in ways that cause harm to ourselves or others.
Speak With Wisdom and Be Content With What You Have
The Bhikkhu Vagga describes a monk who guards his speech, speaks with wisdom, and maintains a mind free from distraction. His words are meaningful, beneficial, and pleasant to hear.
Good speech is not merely pleasant language. It should also be truthful, thoughtful, and useful to those who listen.
The chapter also advises against looking down upon one's own gains or constantly desiring the gains of others. Such comparisons can disturb the mind and become obstacles to concentration.
A person who appreciates what they have, earns a living honestly, and remains diligent develops a stable foundation for continued spiritual growth.
Develop Concentration and Wisdom Together
Another important teaching of the Bhikkhu Vagga concerns the relationship between concentration and wisdom.
The Dhammapada explains that there is no deep concentration without wisdom, and no wisdom without concentration. One who develops both is close to Nibbāna.
This teaching shows that calming the mind and understanding reality must go hand in hand.
It is not enough to seek mental calm without understanding, nor is it enough to think intellectually without developing a stable mind.
When a monk clearly sees the arising and passing away of the five aggregates, joy and gladness arise through insight into the truth.
Contemplating impermanence helps us understand that everything in life changes. Nothing should be regarded as permanently belonging to us.
Loving-Kindness, Spiritual Friendship, and Self-Reflection
The Bhikkhu Vagga also emphasizes loving-kindness, association with good friends, an honest livelihood, and appropriate conduct.
The Dhammapada teaches people to admonish and protect themselves, recognizing that each person must take responsibility for their own actions.
A mindful person who guards their conduct can live with greater peace and happiness.
This does not mean rejecting help from others. Rather, it means accepting responsibility, recognizing one's shortcomings, and continually improving oneself.
The Buddha compares the abandonment of lust and hatred to a jasmine flower shedding its withered petals.
This image represents letting go of what darkens the mind so that peace can arise.
The Essential Message: Train Yourself Every Day
The Bhikkhu Vagga concludes with the image of a young monk who diligently practices the Buddha's teachings and illuminates the world like the moon emerging from behind the clouds.
The central message is that self-development requires continuous effort.
Restraint of the senses, mindfulness, contentment, concentration, and wisdom are essential practices for a peaceful life.
The essential lesson: Peace does not come from controlling the outside world to suit our wishes. It comes from training the mind to understand itself. When the body is calm, speech is peaceful, and the mind is guided by wisdom, life moves toward deeper happiness and freedom.
[คำแนะนำเพิ่มเติมเกี่ยวกับการใช้งาน: ตามข้อจำกัดของระบบ AI ในปัจจุบัน การสร้างภาพที่มีตัวอักษรภาษาไทยอาจจะยังมีความคลาดเคลื่อนของตัวสะกดหรือรูปสระอยู่บ้าง หวังเป็นพื้นฐานของการศึกษาและจะพัฒนาให้สมบูรณ์ต่อไป]
ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:
แสดงความคิดเห็น