Song: Neither Clinging to Being nor Non-Being
[Verse 1]
Form arises, then it changes,
Feelings rise and fade away.
Perceptions and formations
Never remain the same.
[Pre-Chorus]
When the mind says, “I exist,”
Fear arises when things change.
When the mind says, “I do not exist,”
It may still cling to a view.
[Chorus]
Do not cling to “I am,”
Do not cling to “I am not.”
Do not make a self from “I”
Or from all that I have got.
Form and feeling, perception,
Formations and consciousness—
All arise and pass away,
None are fixed or permanent.
[Verse 2]
Everything we see keeps changing,
Moving with conditions known.
Do not take a changing process
And declare it as your own.
[Bridge]
There is no need to build a story,
There is no need to grasp a name.
Simply see things as they arise,
Remain, transform, and fade.
[Final Chorus]
Do not cling to “I am,”
Do not cling to “I am not.”
Do not fall into either view,
Do not let the mind be caught.
See the five aggregates clearly,
See them just as they truly are.
When attachment fades away,
Freedom is no longer far.
[Ending]
Being or non-being—
Neither one is ours to hold.
See the truth with wisdom clear,
And let the heart be free.
The Origin of the Nihilistic View
At Sāvatthī, the Blessed One asked the monks:
“Monks, when what exists, depending on what, and clinging to what does such a view arise:
‘May I not exist. May what belongs to me not exist. I shall not exist, and what belongs to me shall not exist’?”
The monks replied that their teachings were rooted in the Blessed One.
The Buddha then explained:
“When form exists, depending on form and clinging to form, such a view arises:
‘May I not exist. May what belongs to me not exist. I shall not exist, and what belongs to me shall not exist.’
Likewise, when feeling exists, depending on feeling and clinging to feeling, such a view arises.
When perception exists, depending on perception and clinging to perception, such a view arises.
When mental formations exist, depending on mental formations and clinging to them, such a view arises.
When consciousness exists, depending on consciousness and clinging to consciousness, such a view arises.”
The Buddha then asked:
“Monks, what do you think? Is form permanent or impermanent?”
“Impermanent, venerable sir.”
“And whatever is impermanent—is it suffering or happiness?”
“Suffering, venerable sir.”
“Then can a person, based on something that is impermanent, suffering, and subject to change, establish the view:
‘May I not exist. May what belongs to me not exist. I shall not exist, and what belongs to me shall not exist’?”
“No, venerable sir.”
The Buddha then asked the same questions concerning feeling, perception, mental formations, and consciousness.
The monks answered that all of them are impermanent, suffering, and subject to change. Therefore, such things cannot properly serve as a foundation for the view that “I shall not exist” or “what belongs to me shall not exist.”
The Meaning of the Teaching
The No Ce Me Siya Sutta points to the danger of becoming attached to views concerning the self.
The teaching does not encourage a person to cling to the idea of a permanent self, nor does it encourage attachment to an extreme idea of non-existence. Instead, it directs the practitioner to examine the five aggregates as they actually are.
Form, feeling, perception, mental formations, and consciousness arise and change according to conditions. They are impermanent and subject to suffering when clung to.
A noble disciple who sees this clearly becomes disenchanted with clinging, develops dispassion, and moves toward liberation.
The essential message is:
Do not cling to “I exist.”
Do not cling to “I do not exist.”
See the five aggregates as they truly are.
[คำแนะนำเพิ่มเติมเกี่ยวกับการใช้งาน: ตามข้อจำกัดของระบบ AI ในปัจจุบัน การสร้างภาพที่มีตัวอักษรภาษาไทยอาจจะยังมีความคลาดเคลื่อนของตัวสะกดหรือรูปสระอยู่บ้าง หวังเป็นพื้นฐานของการศึกษาและจะพัฒนาให้สมบูรณ์ต่อไป]
๔. โนจเมสิยาสูตร ว่าด้วยเหตุแห่งนัตถิกทิฏฐิ [๓๕๒] พระนครสาวัตถี. พระผู้มีพระภาคตรัสถามว่า ดูกรภิกษุทั้งหลาย เมื่ออะไร มีอยู่ เพราะอาศัยอะไร เพราะยึดมั่นอะไร จึงเกิดมีทิฏฐิอย่างนี้ว่า เราไม่พึงมี และบริขารของ เราไม่พึงมี เราจักไม่มี บริขารของเราจักไม่มี? ภิกษุทั้งหลายกราบทูลว่า ข้าแต่พระองค์ผู้เจริญ ธรรมของข้าพระองค์ทั้งหลาย มีพระผู้มีพระภาคเป็นรากฐาน ฯลฯ พ. ดูกรภิกษุทั้งหลาย เมื่อรูปมีอยู่ เพราะอาศัยรูป เพราะยึดมั่นรูป จึงเกิดมีทิฏฐิ อย่างนี้ว่า เราไม่พึงมี บริขารของเราไม่พึงมี เราจักไม่มี บริขารของเราจักไม่มี. เมื่อเวทนามีอยู่ ... เมื่อสัญญามีอยู่ ... เมื่อสังขารมีอยู่ ... เมื่อวิญญาณมีอยู่ เพราะอาศัยวิญญาณ เพราะยึดมั่นวิญญาณ จึงเกิดมีทิฏฐิอย่างนี้ว่า เราไม่พึงมี และบริขารของเราไม่พึงมี เราจักไม่มี บริขารของเราจักไม่มี. [๓๕๓] พ. ดูกรภิกษุทั้งหลาย เธอทั้งหลายจะสำคัญความข้อนั้นเป็นไฉน รูปเที่ยง หรือไม่เที่ยง? ภิ. ไม่เที่ยง พระเจ้าข้า. พ. ก็สิ่งใดไม่เที่ยง สิ่งนั้นเป็นทุกข์หรือเป็นสุขเล่า? ภิ. เป็นทุกข์ พระเจ้าข้า. พ. ก็สิ่งใดไม่เที่ยง เป็นทุกข์ มีความแปรปรวนเป็นธรรมดา พึงเกิดมีทิฏฐิอย่างนี้ว่า เราไม่พึงมี และบริขารของเราไม่พึงมี เราจักไม่มี บริขารของเราจักไม่มี เพราะไม่อาศัยสิ่งนั้น บ้างหรือ? ภิ. ไม่ใช่เช่นนั้น พระเจ้าข้า. พ. เวทนา ... สัญญา ... สังขาร ... วิญญาณเที่ยงหรือไม่เที่ยง? ภิ. ไม่เที่ยง พระเจ้าข้า. พ. ก็สิ่งใดไม่เที่ยง สิ่งนั้นเป็นทุกข์หรือเป็นสุขเล่า? ภิ. เป็นทุกข์ พระเจ้าข้า. พ. ก็สิ่งใดไม่เที่ยง เป็นทุกข์ มีความแปรปรวนเป็นธรรมดา พึงเกิดมีทิฏฐิอย่างนี้ว่า เราไม่พึงมี และบริขารของเราไม่พึงมี เราจักไม่มี บริขารของเราจักไม่มี เพราะไม่อาศัยสิ่งนั้น บ้างหรือ? ภิ. ไม่ใช่เช่นนั้น พระเจ้าข้า. พ. ดูกรภิกษุทั้งหลาย อริยสาวกผู้ได้สดับแล้ว เห็นอยู่อย่างนี้ ฯลฯ กิจอื่นเพื่อความ เป็นอย่างนี้มิได้มี.
ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:
แสดงความคิดเห็น